While your website is your window to the world, your ecommerce site is your window to the wallet. You are not making an effort to get online because it feels good (most of the time). You are getting online to make a living. Whether it is replacing your old job and the boss that comes with it, or you are starting part-time and want to build into an empire, ProShark is here to help you every step of the way.
What is eCommerce?
The definition is easy - eCommerce is simply "Selling Goods and Services online, taking payment and then delivering". The execution gets a little bit trickier. There are several methods you can use to get your ecommerce store up and running in the shortest amount of time possible. We will outline your options so you can make an informed decision. We will also let you know the challenges with each model.
Option #1 - Use Shopify, a combined Website / Shopping Cart Service. Shopify is our choice. It is the most comprehensive hosted ecommerce shopping site plus cart we have found to date. It combines website themes and attractive, customizable graphics in the front end (store front) with strong, back end shopping cart logic. Another really strong point with Shopify is that they will process payments for you. This is a very important aspect that most carts don't manage. Want to do it yourself? No problem. Want us to get you up and running quickly and / or customize your site? We have you covered. LEARN MORE
- Your brand and your store
- Appealing themes or integrate with CMS
- Very secure since they manage their network
- Easy setup (User or ProShark)
- Fully customize your store and front end
- Unlimited products and inventory
- Fulfillment in a single step
- Full reporting and trending tools
- Get online in minutes, not months
- Handle payments without hassle
- Highly customizable but requires some technical expertise
- Monthly cost to maintain shopping cart (but no personal maintenance required)
- Still have to load items for purchase
Option #2 - Use a front end CMS such as WordPress (our recommendation) and use an online cart such as Shopify to store your products and manage your sales. You control how you look to your clients. More importantly though, you can offer them more fuctionality than just an online cart. This will make them stay longer. Really this is a personal opinion. Some people believe in offering more reasons to stick around and some people prefer the simpler and more direct approach. Whichever one you are, we have you covered. If you have questions, talk to a representative. If you want to know more about Shopify, LEARN IT HERE
Alternatively, you can use a different cart to handle the shopping experience. We have experience integrating pretty much every cart platform out there. Some of these include Woo Commerce, Magento, Prestashop, WP EasyCart and many more. All of these are viable choices, but some are better than others. Many require you purchase the premium version if you are going to use them with WordPress. Others require the purchase of modules to accomplish certain functions. We are happy to discuss your options with you so if you have questions, contact us.
- All of the advantages of an online site
- More powerful fronted with WordPress or similar
- Offer complete functionality to your clients
- Custom tailor user interaction
- Platform integration required
- Higher degree of technical capability
- More expensive to maintain and change
- Manage your own payment gateways